With many organizations escalating home working on a grand scale, remote workers need to be diligent in taking cybersecurity seriously.
Working across the open internet creates all kinds of possible attack vectors for easy access into a network to deliver malicious payloads. That’s why it’s important to take extra precautions to help your remote employees avoid risk of cyberattacks.
- According to Computer Weekly, the cumulative volume of coronavirus-related email lures and other threats is the largest collection of attack types exploiting a single theme for years, possibly ever.
- In underground hacking domains, ransomware-as-a-service is booming. For as little as $50 a month subscription, cybercriminals can acquire kits with everything they need to launch a ransomware attack, including ransomware code and decryption key. Ransomware models are offered in tiers – bronze, silver, and gold – with each subsequent level offering more robust features and support.
- On March 15, 2020, the U.S. Health and Human Services Department suffered a cyber-attack on its computer system from a foreign actor during the nation’s response to the coronavirus [Bloomberg]
7 Ways Managed Security with Magna5 Protects Your WFH Workers
Magna5 understands the exponential cybersecurity challenges a remote workforce presents to organizations. A multi-tier security defense is the best insurance to proactively safeguard your infrastructure from cyberattacks and data breaches. Teaming with a trusted managed security provider, like Magna5, can make all the difference in fortifying your network in preparing for the unexpected.
Here are several ways Magna5’s fully managed security services can help:
- Managed Detection & Response services provide 24/7/365 security monitoring and alerting of your critical systems to improve visibility, time to detection and incident response. Early warning detection of cyber threats can block malicious traffic before disrupting operations or compromising data.
- Backup and Recovery services provide remote data backup management in a managed cloud with a single platform to recover virtual machines, applications, databases, files and endpoints. Specific data or entire infrastructures can be recovered in minutes.
- Vulnerability Scan services perform regular audits of network devices, servers, applications and databases to learn what’s exposed to threats and actions to protect your assets. Known and unknown flaws in your network can be an open door for a cyber attacker. Vulnerability scans help you to know in advance where a threat actor might exploit a weakness that you can fix in advance.
- Firewall and Intrusion Prevention System Management services use next-generation threat intelligence to identify and block malicious traffic and develop countermeasures to respond to new threats, vulnerabilities and network changes. These measures help keep the bad guys from probing your network and prevent unwanted access.
- Patch Management keeps your systems secure, current and optimized with regularly scheduled patch management to minimize risks and weaknesses used to exploit data breaches. Known vulnerabilities are the first thing cyber attackers target.
- Data Risk Intelligence helps organizations better understand their real-time, total network risk exposure and what it will cost. It can rapidly discover three types of threats: sensitive data, vulnerabilities and access permissions.
- Anti-Virus Protection services provide full intrusion protection, proactive detection and behavioral analysis along with monthly reports showing the security status across your network and devices. Threats can be resolved before they disruption operations.
Worried about ransomware striking your business? Get our free guide on how to safeguard your organization from emerging cyberattacks.
Mike Penn joined Magna5 as Senior Content Developer. His role is to bring to life stories that inspire or inject clarity in how managed services and emerging trends can be applied to help organizations operate better and more efficiently.