The Channel Sales Manager is accountable for developing and executing channel sales strategies for his/her territory to meet monthly quotas. The position is located at the Magna5 headquarters.
The ideal candidate must have a successful track record of selling 10k of monthly recurring revenue (MRR) of managed IT services, with and through channel partners. He or she will have responsibility to build a new territory and must be able to exercise agility and train and develop partners on the value of the Magna5 product offerings and how to sell them to the end users.
The candidate will have familiarity with innovative managed security, IT and network services in as-a-Service models, like data backup & recovery, ransomware mitigation, security, cloud computing, advanced networking (featuring SD-WAN) and will exhibit consultative sales abilities in order to assist their channel partners in closing opportunities.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Meeting all assigned booking and revenue targets
• Articulating company service offerings to identify and qualify revenue opportunities
• Training agents/channel partners on Magna5 value proposition and developing tactical sales plans with partners
• Identifying key partners and developing comprehensive channel sales strategy for the territory
• Managing the end-to-end sales process and updating the CRM system with customer and pipeline data
• Possessing working knowledge of internal systems that support quote-to-cash process, working across the company for deal and legal approvals
• Providing accurate forecasting of sales and revenue delivery
• Working independently
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
7+ years of relevant sales experience, 2+ years of channel sales experience.
Other Skills and Qualities:
• Passionate, motivated, self-starter with willingness to generate new business and make money.
• Proven track record of working in a monthly quota-focused measurement environment.
• Capability to function in a short sales cycle environment with proven ability to consistently move prospects and customers towards commitment and close.
• Ability to articulate key selling points and the value of our services, the features and benefits of the services solution being proposed and of the pricing structures being proposed.
• Internet savvy, experience with Salesforce, MS Outlook, Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), IM, collaboration and videoconferencing-type applications.
• Must have high ethical standards and integrity, coupled with a desire to participate in growing our sales and support organization and our company.
• Excellent time management, written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
The Channel Sales Manager will have to travel to prospect and to customer locations, generally within a territory, and to Magna5 locations as needed to train and host partners, prospects and customers. Overnight travel expectations is less than 25%.