Reporting to the Operations Center Manager the Operations Center Engineer is accountable for handling inbound calls, working with the clients by responding to issues, working tickets and owning the ticket until it is resolved and closed.
The Operations Center Engineer will work closely with the other staff members under the Operations Center Manager’s direction with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Work out of the Pittsburgh, PA Network Operations Center
- Respond to alerts and tickets from various monitoring systems
- Handle inbound calls from clients
- Take ownership of the ticket and customer interaction
- Escalate and remediate client issues
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Operations Enter Engineer is responsible for the following additional responsibilities and duties:
- Assist the Operations Center staff as needed with special projects and other duties.
- The Operations Center Engineer must be flexible to work all shifts including some holidays and weekends.
Associates degree preferred. Relevant and significant industry experience may provide as a substitute for the education requirement. Microsoft, Cisco and VMware certifications recommended
Minimum of 6 months experience in administering/supporting LAN/WAN environments, NOC, network help desk or relevant customer service skills
- Microsoft, Cisco and VMware certifications recommended
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory
- MS Office Suite
- DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
- Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server
- VMware VSphere 5.0 and above
- Knowledge of back up technologies
- Knowledge of security practices and policies
The Operations Center Engineer will have minimal to no to travel.