Reporting to the VP of IT Services the Outside Sales Representative is accountable for developing and executing sales strategies for their territory to meet monthly and quarterly quotas.
The candidate we are looking for must have a successful track record of selling SMB & Enterprise accounts Managed IT Services solutions. Familiarity with collocation, hardware, cloud computing, security services and voice solutions would be a plus. The candidate will run with initiatives and be comfortable controlling meetings as soon as they enter the room. Candidate will have a thorough understanding of consultative sales and will be able to build close, trusting relationships in all professional and social settings. We are looking for a successful hunter with good networking skills. The Outside Sales Representative will work closely with the other staff members under the sales team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Ability to articulate company service offerings and identify viable revenue opportunities.
- Meet monthly/quarterly quotas in your territory.
- Develop sales strategy for your territory.
- Call on C/VP-level executives to identify and qualify opportunities.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities. You may have to prospect and qualify leads yourself.
- Understanding of sales processes and ability to move business through a pipeline to closure.
- Provide realistic sales forecasts.
- Ability to work independently.
College degree preferred. 5+ years of relevant and significant industry experience may provide as a substitute for the education requirement.
Minimum of 5 years of experience of selling technology services to c-level executives.
- Familiarity with IT infrastructures, terminology, and processes.
- A passionate, motivated, self-starter with willingness to generate and business and close deals.
- Proven track record of working with a goal oriented daily time management plan.
- Strong phone sales skills.
- Capability to function in a short-cycle environment with proven ability to consistently move customer or prospect towards commitment and closed sales.
- Ability to articulate key selling points, features and benefits of services and of the concept being proposed.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills, with the ability to effectively demonstrate products and services in a virtual environment.
- Internet savvy, ability to function in Salesforce CRM, MS Outlook, Word Excel, Powerpoint, IM type applications.
- Must have high ethical standards and integrity, coupled with a desire to participate in growing our sales and support organization.
- Excellent time management, written, verbal and presentation skills.
The Outside Sales Representative will have to travel to prospect and customer locations. (50%)