ONE CLICK IS ALL IT TAKES.
Meet Ted. He works for a growing hospital, making sure patient records are accurate and complete. Since most of his time is spent on an internal health records management system, he doesn’t receive many emails. But today, everyone in the organization received an email with an attachment and a subject line, “Important: Billing Code Changes”, marked high importance. The urgent message seems relevant to his job responsibility. In the back of his mind, Ted knows he should probably verify the sender before downloading the attachment. Clicking the attachment this one time should be harmless. The odds of someone exploiting the network are slim to none, right?
Don’t do it, Ted!
Spear-phishing is a common ransomware trick delivering sinister malware into your network once a person clicks on a link or attachment. The malware locks up valuable data assets behind an unbreakable wall of encryption, with the cyber attacker demanding a ransom to release them. The best protection is to proactively monitor, identify and block malicious traffic to respond to threats and minimize risks before they happen.
7 Ways Managed Security Services Protect Your Network
Before a cyber scam strikes your organization and catches employees like Ted off guard, here are some steps you can take to minimize risks. A multi-tier security defense is the best insurance to proactively safeguard your infrastructure from cyber attacks and data breaches. Teaming with a trusted managed security provider can make all the difference in fortifying your network for the unexpected.
- Managed Detection & Response services provide 24/7/365 security monitoring and alerting of your critical systems to improve visibility, time to detection and incident response. Early warning detection of cyber threats can block malicious traffic before disrupting operations or compromising data.
- Backup and Recovery services provide remote data backup management in a managed cloud with a single platform to recover virtual machines, applications, databases, files and endpoints. Specific data or entire infrastructures can be recovered in minutes.
- Vulnerability Scan services perform regular audits of network devices, servers, applications and databases to learn what’s exposed to threats and actions to protect your assets. Known and unknown flaws in your network can be an open door for a cyber attacker. Vulnerability scans help you to know in advance where a threat actor might exploit a weakness that you can fix in advance.
- Firewall and Intrusion Prevention System Management services use next-generation threat intelligence to identify and block malicious traffic and develop countermeasures to respond to new threats, vulnerabilities and network changes. These measures help keep the bad guys from probing your network and prevent unwanted access.
- Patch Management keeps your systems secure, current and optimized with regularly scheduled patch management to minimize risks and weaknesses used to exploit data breaches. Known vulnerabilities are the first thing cyber attackers target.
- Data Risk Intelligence helps organizations better understand their real-time, total network risk exposure and what it will cost. It can rapidly discover three types of threats: sensitive data, vulnerabilities and access permissions.
- Anti-Virus Protection services provide full intrusion protection, proactive detection and behavioral analysis along with monthly reports showing the security status across your network and devices. Threats can be resolved before they disruption operations.