Magna5's Managed Cloud-Hosted Solutions Ensures High-Availability and Reliable High-Speed Branch Connections
Unity House is a non-profit human service agency providing direct services to people of Rensselaer County in New York who are hurting and struggling. They assist people living in poverty, adults living with mental illness or HIV/AIDS, victims of domestic violence, and children with developmental delays. With 15 locations of shelters, schools and the main office, their existing telephone and network operations were a conglomeration of nine different telephone systems serviced by 13 phone and data circuit vendors. Because of the disparity and limitations of the plain old telephone (POT) analog lines, the branch locations could not transfer calls to each other, access the internet or accommodate remote and mobile users. Unity House was looking to simplify and modernize their telephone system so they could provide integrated communications and internet connectivity across all locations.
With multiple vendors and disparate telephone systems spread across 15 locations, Unity House was looking to upgrade and simplify their phone system to provide seamless communications and internet connectivity across all locations.
Magna5 consolidated all phone systems into a cloud-based solution to reduce complexity and lower expenses:
- Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS)
- Network Security-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Metro Ethernet
- POT fiber
- Brought multiple locations together on one network and telephone system.
- Saved money moving from a CapEx to an OpEx model. No upfront equipment cost.
- Predictable monthly fee.
- Feature-rich UCaaS allowed auto-attendant and self-service capabilities from an online portal.
- Built-in redundancy and stronger security measures ensured better uptime and protection from data breaches or intrusions
UNITY HOUSE ADVANTAGE:
- Dedicated Ethernet and fiber lines for stable, low latency and secure connections.
- Upgraded data connections to deliver high-availability, high-speed bandwidth.
- Feature-rich UC phone system with administration portal, advanced auto attendants and reporting.
- Always-on voice system, no downtime.
- Predictable, monthly subscription-based payments.
- Trusted partner to manage voice system across multiple locations.
Seamless Integration. Less Complexity.
During the request for proposal (RFP) process, Magna5 recommended the agency rethink beyond a traditional business phone model and leapfrog to a holistic, future-proof communications solution hosted in a cloud environment. This way, they could consolidate all the phone systems with one carrier, and integrate their 15 branch locations into one secure, hosted cloud environment … all managed by a single managed service provider – Magna5. The solution enabled them to upgrade their system with real-time communication technology to unify users across multiple devices and media types, provide internet access, deliver higher bandwidth and ensure a stronger security posture. The agency chose Magna5 because of its unique capabilities to fully manage all aspects of the transition … from laying voice transport lines and upgrading data connections to migrating United Communications seats into the cloud and managing the network of all branch locations from a single portal.
The transformation included:
- Installing dedicated fiber and Ethernet to each location from multiple carriers to provide redundancy.
- Moving 310 seats from multiple locations into Magna5’s hosted cloud environment with Unified Communications. The new functionalities combined voice, audio and video, conferencing and instant messaging, allowing Unity House to improve collaboration and productivity. Remote and mobile users could access the network anywhere, anytime.
- Upgrading 25 data circuits to provide 10X higher bandwidth speed.
- Providing better data security with a Magna5-managed firewall that allowed Unity House IT administrators visibility into the network through a portal so they could monitor and make changes with self-service tools.
“The Magna5 UCaaS project allowed Unity House, to decrease our cost, eliminate multiple bills and paperwork, and consolidate our outdated telephone systems at multiple locations into one easy to use system. The Magna5 account management team is always attentive and available to answer questions or when we needed additional services or technical advice. You can tell they really go the extra mile for their customers.”
Assistant Director, A Child’s Place at Unity House
Better Uptime and Customer Accessibility
Imagine having a suicide line and the caller gets a busy signal or cannot get through to the right person to get help. With one telephone system managed in Magna5’s cloud environment, all Unity House’s phone connections have built-in redundancy where unanswered calls can be rerouted to another phone number. Should the internet go down at Unity House, the calls can automatically be programmed to reroute to an employee’s mobile app, which is not affected by the internet outage at the office. This way, Unity House is ensured 100% uptime so hurting callers can readily access an agency employee any hour, night or day.
Cost Savings and Convenience
In the past using multiple vendors and phone systems, monthly expenses were running $18K a month. Managing the large volume of bills from multiple providers was a challenge. By consolidating, Unity House now has lower monthly phone expenses and can conveniently see all charges on a single bill and pay online.
In addition, moving from a CapEx model to an OpEx model, the agency was able to save almost $200K dollars in upfront costs if they had purchased the transport, hardware and software licenses themselves in-house. Now they pay a predictable monthly fee each month. In addition, with Magna5 managing the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the network, their IT staff spends more time on strategic IT initiatives.
Today, Unity House IT administrators no longer worry about expensive move/add/change expenses if they need to add new phone lines in branch locations. With IP connections in each location running through the cloud, they can easily expand their service, worry and hassle free.