Toll-free least cost routing helps organizations find the best path between caller and destination at the lowest available cost. Here’s why it matters.
Toll-Free calling has had little change in the past few decades creating a strain on high-volume voice traffic businesses, like contact centers and telcos. Many share the same concerns: costs needed to be controlled, business continuity needed to be a top priority and a seamless caller experience was a must.
Innovation was needed to allow organizations to get over the major headaches that come with complex and high-traffic phone systems, such as poor quality and dropped calls. Fortunately, there is Least Cost Routing (LCR) to help companies leverage affordability, scalability and ease of managing communications.
What is Least Cost Routing?
Least Cost Routing is finding the best path for phone calls based on the lowest available cost for the route from the caller to the destination. It is a very attractive feature because organizations can save money by using multiple carrier networks to ensure the calls are routed on not only the best cost, but highest-quality path.
How does LCR Work?
LCR is software that uses rate deck templates to always find the least cost route for phone calls. There are multiple Tier 1 carrier networks loaded and composed of the sixth and seventh digit of the phone number, called NPA-NXX routing, built for specific traffic patterns. Within seconds, the LCR will evaluate the best call route between all the carriers and reroute the traffic to the one with the lowest call rate.
The benefits of Toll-Free LCR
Traditional call routing methods are inundated and costly. Toll-Free LCR technology allows for redundancy that ensures “always-on” availability and maximum uptime by combining every major Tier 1 carrier. Here are the five main benefits of Toll-Free Least Cost Routing:
- Cost Savings: The benefit is in the name: Least Cost Routing. Finding the best cost to fit specific budgets is what it’s all about. A quality provider will offer customized pricing models, variable and flat rate pricing, as well as minimal to no Toll-Free monthly recurring costs – all without sacrificing call quality.
- Redundancy and performance: Leveraging multiple carriers that have numerous PoPs (points of presence) across the U.S. allows organizations to have reliable Toll-Free calling without session drops or disruption. If a natural disaster or outage were to occur, the platform will intelligently reroute calls to another carrier or destination point creating seamless business continuity.
- Handle large call traffic spikes with ease: Toll-Free LCR is inherently agile allowing organizations to effectively manage seasonal call traffic. A robust network design is built to meet on-demand capacity that organizations require, easily add and remove ports to meet your demand.
- Control RespOrg the way you want: The customer has the ability to choose the level of control they want for their Toll-Free Service. The best service providers can deliver full RespOrg management and support, the customer can maintain their own RespOrg management, or a combination of both.
- 24/7/365 Support: The right provider will provide dedicated, responsive service to help resolve issues immediately with a 24/7/365 Support Center.